School Transport

Opal Cards

The School Opal card is only for travel to and from school on school days and doesn’t cover travel to after-school care, school excursions, sport and other activities away from school. Transport for NSW recommends purchasing a Child/Youth Opal card for personal travel.

You will need to submit a new application if you are applying for a school travel pass for the first time or requesting an additional pass as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation (e.g., joint custody). You will need to re-apply or update your details if your child has changed schools, changed address, repeated a year, or received an expiry notification.

Applications must be made by a parent or guardian if your child is aged under 15 years. Children 16 years of age and over must complete the application form themselves.

Depending on the modes of transport that your child utilises each day, students can apply for an Opal Card that incorporates both bus and train travel.

To apply for your child’s Opal Card & for more information or eligibility criteria, please refer to the NSW Transport website.

School Drive Subsidy (PVC)

The School Drive Subsidy is available in areas where there is limited or no public transport. The subsidy is intended to partly offset the cost of using a private vehicle to drive the eligible student all or part of the way to school. You only need to apply if you’re applying for the School Drive Subsidy for the first time.

You can apply for the subsidy at any time. To apply & for more information and eligibility criteria, visit the Service NSW website and search “Apply for a School Drive Subsidy”

Bus Company Contacts

Hunter Valley Buses

Phone: 02 4935 7200